Wednesday, March 3, 2010

All Good Things Come To An End

My American employers informed us today that they were shutting down the entire Lahore office where I am based.

HRH asked me as per usual, on the way back from his school after I had picked him up "Ammi how was your day?"

Me: Well not so great. My office is being shut down.

HRH: yayyy! (with obvious happiness)

Me: Huh? No no, not yay. I am feeling sad.

HRH: But why? I would be really happy if my school was being shut down.

Me: No you wouldn't. Anyway I'm really sad.

HRH: But you always like having a holiday, don't you?

Me: Yes, but only when I have to go to work.

HRH: (looking confused)

----

A few hours later -

Me: HRH give me a hug

HRH:
Why?

Me: Because I'm feeling sad.

HRH: Why?

Me: Because my office has closed.

HRH: I really wish my school would shut down.

---

3 comments:

  1. that's really sad. i hope something better comes up for you soon InshAllah. Allah has his own ways of making things work for people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shoaib...hope so too IA :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA.
    i do see HRH's point... sound logic!
    stop feeling sad. somethings going to come along before you know it.

    ReplyDelete