Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Marriage Worries - Age 4

Me (to HRH): Today is Nano and Nana-Abu's anniversary so we'll go over and wish them a Happy Anniversary later.

HRH:
What's anniversary?

Me: It's the day you get married, then every year you have an anniversary like you have a birthday.

HRH: When will I get married?

Me: Not any time soon...many years later

HRH: How many years?

Me: I don't know. Maybe when you are 26 or 27 years old?

HRH: That's so far away! Who will I marry?

Me: I don't know. You can see who ever you like at that time.

HRH (worried): I don't know any girls!

Me: Well you will know girls when you are older, so you can see then.

HRH: Can I marry you?

Me: No. You can't marry your Ammi.

HRH: What about my khalas? Can I marry one of them?

Me: No. You can't marry your Khalas either. You can find someone later. You don't have to worry about it right now.

HRH: What about Stephanie?

Me: Who is Stephanie?

HRH: She's from Lazy Town (a TV show on Playhouse Disney) *pause* I have a dream that I marry Stephanie.

4 comments: