Friday, August 6, 2010

I Don't Understand

In the morning I read about the President’s visit to France and the UK, the violence in Karachi, the floods all over Pakistan, and the suicide bombing in Peshawar where the commander of the Frontier Constabulary perished.

I went to dinner tonight at a friend’s place.

The menu was grilled prawns and red snapper, amongst other delicacies.

I came home afterwards in an air-conditioned car.

At a traffic light I saw a family of three on a bicycle.

At the next traffic light I saw a family of six on a motorcycle.

The entire way I heard Husn-e-Haqiqi on repeat.

I don’t understand what’s going on.

I don’t understand where Pakistan is going.

And I don’t understand what I am supposed to do.

4 comments:

  1. That is exactly what I am thinking these days. There is such a massive divide between the classes here, which seems to be getting bigger with each passing day. It's pathetic but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. you said exactly what has been on my mind the last couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, we can do a lot. We can donate, help those in needs. Hell if u have time, u can get sum tents/medicine/food items/water/water cans and anything else u can think of nd take it there urself or donate through a reliable channel. Don't wait for the "government" or "others" to do stuff. We are quite capable of tackling dis kind of problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse me! I have to comment here :) Umm..ma'am you're doing what exactly you're supposed to do. You may have a nice readership so I must say keep blogging to highlight issues and try to spread awareness into ur readers and show positive image of ur country.

    This would be a great help from you!!!

    ReplyDelete